Sunday, April 6

Just the Beginning...

What do I love? Everything crafty! Stick me in a craft or art store and I can spend HOURS just walking dreamily through the aisles.(My husband will woefully verify this!)
I thrive when surrounded by paint, beads, paper, you name it... Then I had two beautiful baby boys and my first love sort of fell to the wayside.

Lately though, I've gotten a bit of a wake-up call from one of my very best friends, Alana. She is an extremely talented knitter and has just ran with it, pursuing her passion wholeheartedly. She teaches classes, creates her own patterns, and pretty much everything yarn/knitting related. Visit her blog at www.nevernotknitting.blogspot.com to see some of the beautiful things she's made lately. Well, she has inspired me. Seeing her joy and success has reminded me how much I miss creativity and getting my hands a little messy.

At the same time, I was faced with the decision of having to possibly get a part-time job. What I realized is that I shouldn't give up on the things I really enjoy. And maybe, I can even make a little business from it, while teaching my kids to follow their own passions too. So now I'm getting back into the crafting groove, and already having tons of fun!

I'm working on my Etsy shop. It's not much to look at right now, but I'll be adding some fun items soon. One of my biggest problems is that I have so many ideas and interests that I fear I may just keep bouncing around and not really finish any one thing. I'm hoping this blog will help me keep on track by organinzing ideas and keeping me focused on one project at a time.

What am I working on right now? Japanese chyogami glass pendant necklaces. My first few are almost finished, so I'll have some pictures up soon. Thanks for reading...

No comments: