Wednesday, July 17

Read Around the World


"Reading gives us a place to go when we have to stay where we are."

  
Map Bookmarks available from my Etsy shop.

 
I've been wanting to offer more map items in my shop, something other than jewelry, and something that could be used by both women and men. When my order of bezels and bookmark hooks came in I went to work making a few using maps from my collection of vintage atlases.
 
I ♥ maps
 
I ♥ books
 
...so it's a prefect combination...
 
Very few of us can travel as often as we would wish, but through the pages of some wonderful books we can visit those same places in a unique way that enriches our perspective of the world.
 
By far, the vast majority of books I read are set in either the United States or Great Britain, but there have been a few set in other lands that have really made me feel as though I traveled to that very place, imparting a unique sense of a previously unknown place, or culture, or era.
 
Off the top of my head, I remember with fondness:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
What have you read that took you on a journey around the world?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: